Deposits and Cancellation Policy:
To secure your space on the tour, an initial deposit per person is required for all tours. You may make this payment by credit card, bank transfer or you may send a cashiers check or money order payable to:
National Park Tourz
PO Box 334
Kanab, UT 84741
Please note we do not accept PayPal
• Your $500 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking when reserving over the phone.
• 30 days from the date of the tour, the balance is due.
• Monthly payment plans may be arranged upon request.
• We reserve the right to change the scheduled itinerary at our discretion. It will sometimes be necessary to change plans and itineraries due to bad weather, acts of Mother Nature or situations beyond our control. If changes are required, we will do our best to substitute a quality experience, and try to provide you with a tour that exceeds your expectations.
• Tours may be subject to minimum passenger requirement.
• Our cancellation policy applies in every instance and there will be no exceptions for any reason. National Park Tourz will not issue any refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early. National Park Tourz is not responsible for any expenses incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellations or illness.
• All tours include some elements of risk. National Park Tourz and all tour guides assume no liability for injuries, illnesses, damages and/or deaths that may arise during the guided tour, any other affiliated tour activities or transportation rendered.
• As soon as we have processed your trip deposit, your confirmation packet will be sent via email or U.S. mail (requested).
• You will NOT be able to join any of our tours until you have signed your VISITOR AGREEMENT form, a sample of which will be included in your confirmation packet. We will have the form ready for you to sign on the evening you arrive in Kanab. Your confirmation packet will also contain a packing list, suggested clothing to bring, general questions and answers and helpful travel information. If you booked through a travel agent, your confirmation will be sent to the agent for forwarding on to you.
• Trip and date transfers with more than 30 days prior to trip departure within the current year will incur a $50 per reservation service charge. Trip and date transfers with less than 30 days prior to departure that are transferred into the following year will incur a $100 per person service charge. Once a trip has been transferred, no refunds will be issued. Transfer dates, reasons and information is required in writing. No refunds or transfers will be allowed within 0 to 14 days of trip departure for any reason.
We recommend purchasing short-term travel, cancellation and accident insurance before your trip. You can purchase policies that will cover the length of your vacation and provide short-term coverage in the event of loss of luggage, a personal accident or the loss of personal belongings. Your individual homeowners policy may cover some of these items also (it’s a good idea to check in advance). We suggest these recommended travel insurance agencies:
• Travel Insurance Center – http://www.worldtravelcenter.com
• Insure My Trip – The Travel Insurance Comparison Site – www.insuremytrip.com
Some of the most difficult situations we’ve had to deal with include: sudden onset of health problems for our guests or their family members, or catastrophic events. In these situations, we generally do not have time to refill the space, yet we have already spent considerable time, money and energy preparing for your trip by scheduling vehicles, drivers, guides and equipment, arranging dining, etc. Because of our short season and very limited number of available seats, we cannot afford the financial loss that cancellations cause. Therefore, in deciding whether or not to buy this insurance, consider the investment you are making in your vacation and whether or not you could afford the loss if you did have to cancel. We will do everything in our power to help you reschedule your tour, if possible.
To ensure a quality experience, we ask that all guests meet some general requirements in order to achieve the best experiences on our tours. Activities such as ATV and muleback riding do require specific physical requirements. There is always an opt-out of any of the planned activities. Whatever your reason, you are welcome to relax and enjoy the beauty surrounding you instead of joining the provided activity.
ATV Driving and Riding:
• ATV drivers must be 18 years of age, with a current drivers license.
• ATV passengers must be 7+ years of age.
• Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian with them.
• All mule riding participants must be a minimum age of 7 years.
• Only one rider per mule.
• Weight limit: maximum 220lbs
• Height requirement: minimum 4′ 7″
Pregnant women are prohibited from participating.
Each day of the tour, there will be hiking involved. All of the national parks have well established hiking trails, most of them flat and easy to navigate. You should be able to hike unassisted in order to participate. Please let your guide know of any health concerns you may have that would prevent you from hiking with the group.
Animal Sanctuary Volunteering:
• For the safety of both people and animals, children 5 years and younger are not able to volunteer with the animals.
• There are also certain age restrictions in certain animal care areas. For example, children under the age of 10 cannot go into the runs at Dogtown. They can have a leader walk dogs with them.
• Children between the ages of 6 and 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times and may volunteer at the discretion of our staff members.
• Young people 18 and over may volunteer by themselves.