Where exactly is Kanab and how do I get there?
Kanab is located in the state of Utah. Most guests fly into Las Vegas, NV or St. George, UT. We arrange a shuttle to pick you up in Las Vegas, NV that takes you to St. George (this takes 2 hours). From there your guide will meet you and transfer you to Kanab (St. George to Kanab takes 1.5 hours). Check out our How To Find Us Page for more arrival details.
What does the tour cost include?
At National Park Tourz, our specialty is multi-day, all-inclusive tours. These tours include lodging, 3 meals per day, trail snacks, bottled water, entrance fees, activities, in-tour transportation and your friendly and experienced tour guide, of course! You may want to bring some extra cash to buy souvenirs or to tip the adventure guides.
Where will I be staying during my tour?
• For the Best Friends, Animal Lovers and Signature Tour, you will enjoy the excellent home comforts of Grand Circle B&B. We strive to accommodate special requests and needs of our clients. Four of the rooms at the B&B have queen beds, and two of the rooms have two double beds. The accommodations have one ground floor room and five rooms that require using stairs.
In the event that a guest needs an ADA room, we will arrange accommodations at a nearby hotel (for an additional $30 per day).
• For the Yellowstone Tour, you will stay at the charming Canyon Village inside Yellowstone National Park for 3 nights and 2 nights in Teton Village. One nights accommodation will also be provided for the night before departure at Springhill Suites, near Salt Lake City Airport.
• For the Arches Tour, you will spend 5 nights at a great local B&B in the city of Moab. You will spend the final night of the tour in Salt Lake City at the Springhill Suites, near the airport.
What do I need to pack?
We suggest you bring clothing for each day (light layers) as well as shoes and socks appropriate for hiking on rocks, sand, gravel, pavement, and in water. We’d also recommend a rain poncho or similar light rain gear, sunscreen, a hat and/or sunglasses and a camera. Bring along a warm coat for our Yellowstone Tour as it can get chilly there.
National Park Tourz provides 3 meals a day, as well as bottled water, daytime trail snacks and a backpack to keep your belongings. If you have special dietary needs or preferences, you may want to bring a few of your own snacks.
How much hiking are we going to do?
The longest hike we take is a 2 mile round trip. Very easy, slow pace and the trail is paved. We do our best to customize your experience. Please let us know what you are comfortable with.
Can we bring water and snacks, or are they provided?
National Park Tourz provides water and light snacks throughout the day on each of the hikes or whenever requested.
What is the tipping or gratuity procedure?
Gratuity or tipping is a personal procedure and is completely up to you. You may request to have it added into your tour balance, or tip your guide directly at the end of your tour. Customary gratuity is between 5-10% of your tour price.
Is there a rental car company in Kanab if I want to spend more time in the area?
There is one local company, Xpress Car Rental. You can reach them by phone at 435-644-3408.
Will we be riding in a big bus?
Transportation will be in a 14-passenger van. The van allows us to keep our group sizes down and to have a more close-knit tour experience, going where the big buses can’t.
What kind of weather can I expect?
• In Kanab, the summers are hot and mostly clear, the winters are very cold and partly cloudy, and it is dry year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 22°F to 92°F and is rarely below 10°F or above 99°F. We schedule our tours in line with the best time of year to visit Kanab for warm-weather activities, which is from April to mid September.
• In Yellowstone, the weather is always changing – it’s a four-season destination! Because elevations inside Yellowstone National Park range from 5,280 feet to 11,400 feet, visitors should not be surprised if the park’s weather changes without a moment’s notice. We advise you pack plenty of light layers, shorts, pants, a hat, sunglasses, a warm coat and a rain poncho.
• In Moab (Arches Tour), the weather is as varied as its landscape. During your visit in September, you can expect the summer heat to have reduced but for there still to be plenty of sunshine. Temperatures average between 79°F and 53°F. Bring with you lots of light layers, a hat and sunglasses.