Deposits and Cancellation Policy To secure your space on the tour, an initial deposit per person is required for all tours. You may make this payment by credit card, paypal, bank transfer, or you may send a cashiers check or money order payable to:
National Park Tourz
176 S. 100 E. #1
Kanab, UT 84741
Fax # 435-535-0797
***Your $400 DEPOSIT is due at the time of booking***
Non-refundable service/processing fee $50
Within 60 days of Tour $200 Deposit
Within 30 days of Tour $400 Deposit
Within 14 days of Tour No Refunds
- We reserve the right to change the scheduled itinerary at our discretion. It will sometimes be necessary to change plans and itineraries due to bad weather, acts of Mother Nature, or situations beyond our control. If changes are required, we will do our best to substitute a quality experience, and try to provide you with a tour that exceeds your expectations.
- Tours may be subject to minimum passenger requirement.
- Our cancellation policy applies in every instance and there will be no exceptions for any reason. National Park Tourz will not issue any refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early. National Park Tourz is not responsible for any expenses incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellations, or illness.
- All tours include some elements of risk. National Park Tourz and all tour guides assume no liability for injuries, illnesses, damages, and/or deaths that may arise during the guided tour, any other affiliated tour activities, or transportation rendered.
- As soon as we have processed your trip deposit, your confirmation packet will be sent via email or US mail (requested).
- You will NOT be able to join any of our tours until you have signed your VISITOR AGREEMENT form, a sample of which will be included in your confirmation packet. We will have the form ready for you to sign on the evening you arrive in Kanab. Your confirmation packet will also contain a packing list, suggested clothing to bring, general questions and answers, and helpful travel information. If you booked through a travel agent, your confirmation will be sent to the agent for forwarding on to you.
- Trip and date transfers with more than 30 days prior to trip departure within the current year will incur a $50 per reservation service charge. Trip and date transfers with less than 30 days prior to departure that are transferred into the following year will incur a $100 per person service charge. Once a trip has been transferred, no refunds will be issued. Transfer dates, reasons, and information is required in writing. No refunds or transfers will be allowed within 0 to 14 days of trip departure for any reason.
We recommend purchasing short-term travel, cancellation, and accident insurance before your trip. You can purchase policies that will cover the length of your vacation and provide short-term coverage in the event of loss of luggage, a personal accident or the loss of personal belongings. Your individual home owner’s policy may cover some of these items also (it’s a good idea to check in advance). We suggest these recommended travel insurance agencies:
Travel Insurance Center – http://www.worldtravelcenter.com
Insure My Trip – The Travel Insurance Comparison Site – www.insuremytrip.com
Some of the most difficult situations we’ve had to deal with is when a guest needs to cancel a few days before a trip, because they broke their leg, an elderly parent suddenly gets sick, or some other catastrophic event requires cancellation. In these situations, we generally do not have time to refill the space. Yet, we have already spent considerable time, money, and energy preparing for your trip: scheduling vehicles, drivers, guides and equipment, arranging dining, etc. Because of our short season and very limited number of available seats, we cannot afford the financial loss that cancellations cause. Therefore, in deciding whether or not to buy this insurance, consider the investment you are making in your vacation and whether or not you could afford the loss if you did have to cancel.
To ensure a quality experience, we ask that all guests meet some general requirements in order to achieve the best experiences on our tours. Activities such as ATV and mule back riding do require specific physical requirements. There is always an option-out of any of the planned activities. Whatever your reason, you are welcome to relax and enjoy the beauty surrounding you instead of joining the provided activity.
- All ATV participants must be a minimum age of 7 years.
- ATV drivers must be 18 years of age.
- ATV passengers must 7+ years of age.
- Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian with them.
Note: Cancellations for ATV Tours less than 24hrs notice will incur a $50 cancellation fee
- All mule riding participants must be a minimum age of 7 years.
- Only one rider per mule.
- Weight limit: maximum 220lbs
- Height requirement: minimum 4′ 7″
- Pregnant women are prohibited from participating.
- Each day of the tour, there will be hiking involved. All the National Parks have well established hiking trails, most of them flat and easy to navigate. You should be able to hike unassisted in order to participate.
ANIMAL SANCTUARY VOLUNTEERING
- For the safety of both people and animals, children five years and younger are not able to volunteer with the animals.
- There are also certain age restrictions in certain animal care areas. For example, children under the age of 10 cannot go into the runs at Dogtown. They can have a leader walk dogs with them.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times and may volunteer at the discretion of our staff members.
- Young people 18 and over may volunteer by themselves.